August 12, 2015 by aubreykloppers
The above is the driver you will need to get the D-Link 528T driver installed on ESXi 5/5.1 and ESXi 6
- Upload the file (I placed it in root once uploaded) to your server and extract “unzip DLink-528T-1.x86_64.vib.zip” – NOTE: You can use unzip on ESXi5+.
- Change your support level on ESXi5+:
~ # esxcli software acceptance set –level=CommunitySupported
Host acceptance level changed to ‘CommunitySupported’.
- Change your support level on ESXi6:
[root@]esxcli software acceptance set --level CommunitySupported
Host acceptance level changed to 'CommunitySupported'.
- Install the driver with: “esxcli software vib install -v /DLink-528T-1.x86_64.vib“
- You will then get the following screen:
Message: The update completed successfully, but the system needs to be rebooted for the changes to be effective.
Reboot Required: true
VIBs Installed: DLink_bootbank_DLink-528T_1
- Reboot once completed.
ps – You can check your configuration by doing the following on your console ( NOTE: I have 2 onboard and 2 PCI adapters):
~ # lspci | grep Net
00:06:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation 82574L Gigabit Network Connection [vmnic0]
00:07:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation 82574L Gigabit Network Connection [vmnic1]
00:08:03.0 Network controller: D-Link System Inc DGE-528T Gigabit Ethernet Adapter [vmnic2]
00:08:04.0 Network controller: D-Link System Inc DGE-528T Gigabit Ethernet Adapter [vmnic3]