June 28, 2012 by aubreykloppers
It is not often I talk about technologies that has been improved upon, but with the disaster called FreeNAS 8.*, the discovery of OpenMediaVault is a breath of fresh air! Go check it out, WAY BETTER than any of the free NAS/SAN SW out there!
My first tip:
Changing your mountpoints:
- Open a terminal (ssh enabled)
- edit (I use vi after installing vim – “apt-gen install vim”) /etc/openmediavault/config.xml and look for <mntent> tag.
- change <dir>…</dir> tag to your mountpoint.
- edit /etc/fstab and look for the line with the <dir>value you changed in step 3.
- change this to your mountpoint.
reboot the system and it will stick.
I do not know if this will survive upgrades, but just keep a note.