Leave a comment
July 29, 2015 by aubreykloppers
Today is the 29th and as per Microsoft’s promise, the free Windows 10 upgrade is here. In a few instances, you will have to assist by hand.
To fix this error is easy.
- Open Windows Explorer,
- goto “C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download” and delete everything.
- Restart the installation by opening CMD and typing in “wuauclt.exe /updatenow”.
Not having the windows upgrade icon in your taskbar:
- Download https://www.dropbox.com/s/qnamicm7d5e13ic/win10fix_full.zip?dl=0
- Choose option 1 and if anything missing (Normally 2 upgrades) get them directly from microsoft (Links in this document: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i43snrpf1g5k1tm/paths.txt?dl=0)
- choose option 2/3/4 until the icon shows…