Leave a comment
November 12, 2014 by aubreykloppers
1. Download and in stall PuppyLinux on a USB device:
- Get it from “Puppy Download Website“. Note: Please use the SLACK/STABLE release.
- Create a install key by using a USB ISO tool to install Puppy onto. I use unetbootin-windows-581
- Boot Wyse C50LE and hold down the “P” key.
- If you for any reason need to get to the BIOS, the password is “Fireport”.
- Boot the system (Puppy) and once on the Desktop run the installer.
- White the drive and start installing.
- Once installed run Grub4Dos from the MENU.
- Install GRUB on sda. Remember to choose to ONLY look at the 1GB HDD.
- Shut the system down, remove the USB Key and start the system back up.
If everything was done correctly, your C50LE should boot to Puppy’s Desktop.
2. Booting the system:
- Choose your TIMEZONE and LANGUAGE from the setup menu and CHECK the “VIDEO WIZZARD” and change your hostname if you want to.
- The system will request a Desktop Restart/Refresh, once done your Display detection will start.
- Choose “VESA – UNACCELERATED DRIVER” and then let XORG decide the resolution for itself.
- Your resolution (in my case 1368×768) should then be set correctly, just choose OK and then FINISHED.
- At this stage your desktop should display correctly.
3. Installing XBMC:
- Download an XBMC sfs (I found it at http://www.smokey01.com/pemasu/pet_packages-upup/)
- soon to follow…