July 17, 2014 by aubreykloppers
This entry is purely for testing and feedback of the new 4.2 BETA of OpenELEC.
I will be testing the following aspects of OpenELEC:
- LCD (2*16) USB
- Exactly like 4.0.7 (Stable release) – No surprises there.
- Setup all the different components and reboot.
XBMC LCDproc/OpenELEC Services:
- Enabled ok. OpenELEC’s driver “hd44780” chosen.
- XBMC LCDproc – Problem is still that you have to go through the SYSTEM option to setup the device.
- Changed the LCDd.conf:
cp /etc/LCDd.conf /storage/.config/
## Hitachi HD44780 driver ##
- reboot and everything worked as should.
This took me a little while to figure out. There is no option in the GUI to enable/make the device “discoverable”. To do this you have to ssh to the unit and:
- lsusb (To make sure your device is active)
- bluetoothctl (This will take you into the bluetooth program)
- bluetoothctl # help (This will list the options)
- bluetoothctl # discoverable on (Make the device discoverable – This is stupid! Why not enable this by default from the GUI???)
BUT, you loose this setting on REBOOT! To fix this is a bit of a hassle, but can be done with the following commands:
- Create a file with your commands imbedded
- Run the “” program with the input as the file and the output to a dummy file.
- The command will look like this: “OpenELEC-Pi:~ # bluetoothctl < ./commands.list > ./dummy.out“
- The script to run the commands can be placed in : “/storage/.config/autostart.sh” to autostart at boot time.
- remember to “chmod +x /storage/.config/autostart.sh” to make executable.
ps – I have included in the file the ability to fix the YOUTUBE DOWNLOAD problem.
- if you have a look at /storage/.config/dummy.out you should see commands being executed.
Scripts and Files:
NOTE: I run the script at startup and every minute in CRON. In this way, the device STAYS discoverable…
- crontab -l : * * * * * /storage/.config/autostart.sh > /storage/.config/cron-out 2>&1
- /storage/.config/autostart.sh :
echo If this line appears, your commands.list needs to be created. > /storage/.config/dummy.out
/usr/bin/bluetoothctl < /storage/.config/commands.list > /storage/.config/dummy.out
- /storage/.config/commands.list :