January 30, 2014 by aubreykloppers
PLEASE REFER TO:
FOR THE LATEST RELEASE!
The start of 2014 has been a busy one for me,with all the 2013 outstanding projects and problems before people return from the holidays and then the rush and onset of work with the returning hordes. That said, I started an awesome little project with “volumio”, so with no further adieu:
background (Now with even better background services!):
“volumio” is the migration of the “RaspyFi” project, as a matter of fact, when you go to the “RaspyFi” web-page, a pop-up comes up to inform you of “volumio”.
- get it from http://volumio.com (As of this writing in Beta 1.1 – WAY MORE STABLE than RaspyFi.)
- Standard Download and extract to an IMG file and burn with “Win32 Disk Imager”.
- DHCP on eth0 is the standard.
- Network is VERY stable.
- ssh is enabled by default.
- Set output of audio to Analog:
amixer cset numid=3 N
where the N parameter means the following:
0=auto, 1=analog, 2=hdmi.
Therefore, to force the Raspberry Pi to use the analog output:
amixer cset numid=3 1
- I then (with “raspi-config”) Change my Keyboard and Location to suit my environment.
fun things – PiFace:
Add at the end:
Then install the PiFace libraries:
apt-get update;apt-get install git python-smbus i2c-tools python-dev python-rpi.gpio (52MB – 37.4MB download)
git clone https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-Raspberry-Pi-Python-Code.git
Then Set Up the LCD PiFace:
The following code is a modification of the code written by R.U.Serius from Sweden. I have adjusted the code to rather use:
- Presentation of play mode (playing/paused/stopped), Artist and Song name scrolling on line 1
- The elapsed song time, total song time and percentage of song played on line 2.
- Left button: Skip back
- Right button: Skip forward
- Up button: Volume UP
- Down button: Volume DOWN
- Select button: Toggle Play/Pause
One of the things I have noticed, if you get to the last item of your playlist and hit the “Skip Forward” button, the radio stops. All you have to do is hit the “Select” button and it will start again with the very first item in the playlist.
NOTE: Major changes in LCD code. Now in a downloadable ZIP file with a SERVICES option to stop/start.
Save this code to: /home/pi/Adafruit-Raspberry-Pi-Python-Code/Adafruit_CharLCDPlate/
Please read the included README.txt file…
Note: to restart the service: “/etc/init.d/start_lcdSongInfo.sh restart”
fun things – Radio Stations:
Ok, here are some fun things to do. Get some radio stations and place it into your WebRadio directory with the:
Get it now, from: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xp9k3guc6z83v22/mk-radio.sh
- Move all the default playlists to a new directory called “Original”
- Rip all sky.fm radio streams and place it in a new directory called “Sky.FM”
- Rip all di.fm radio streams and place it in a new directory called “Di.FM”
Nice one to get you up and running on the internet with Radio streaming. All you have to do is put the script in your /home/pi directory and run it.
If your gui becomes unresponsive, have a look at :
http://www.raspyfi.com/forum/raspyfi-in … fi/page-2/
From a user:
I had the same problem yesterday and I try :
sudo /etc/init.d/mpd stop
rm -i state