August 31, 2012 by aubreykloppers
I looked all over and finally figured this out, quite easy if you follow the steps:
- Convert IDE to SCSI:
# cd /vmfs/volumes/<datastore_name>/<vm_name>/
ddb.adapterType = “ide”
ddb.adapterType = “lsilogic” (or ddb.adapterType = “buslogic”)
- From VMware Infrastructure/vSphere Client:
- a. Click Edit Settings for the virtual machine.
- b. Select the IDE virtual disk.
- c. Choose to Remove the Disk from the virtual machine.
- d. Click OK.
- From the Edit Settings menu for this virtual machine:
- 1. Click Add > Hard Disk > Use Existing Virtual Disk.
- 2. Navigate to the location of the disk and select to add it into the virtual machine.
- 3. Choose the same controller as in Step 3 as the adapter type. The SCSI ID should read SCSI 0:0.
Ok, now you will be able to change the size of the disk…